Increase Clinical Utility with Simple Connectivity Solutions
Toshiba designs embrace open network standards to facilitate easy integration in the widest variety of network environments, complying with DICOM and IHE standards to assure standards-based communications protocol between network systems.
Aquilion CT—IHE Integration
Toshiba has voluntarily implemented the communications of its medical imaging systems with the IHE initiative.
- Uses existing standards to define communications (DICOM, HL7 and web services) compatibility to improve the way computer systems in healthcare share information
- IHE integration improves patient care by harmonizing healthcare information exchange and provides a common standards-based framework for seamlessly passing health information among care providers
- IHE enhances the quality of patient care resulting in safety through the reduction of medical errors, savings through lower implementation costs and more efficient workflow
- IHE Integration Statements
The Aquilion comes standard-equipped with six major DICOM Service Classes to reduce examination time and increase throughput.
- DICOM CD-R and DVD-RAM—Provides long-term storage media for valuable image data. During re-examination, physicians can access stored images for reference.
- DICOM Print—Exports images to DICOM-compliant printers. A virtual film function lets the operator preview the final print and adjusts its composition and presentation for optimal print quality.
- DICOM Storage Commitment, Query/Retrieve—Operators can archive images to a network and retrieve images from past examinations for review and as reference map images.
- DICOM Conformance Statements